Saturday, December 25, 2010

so it goes

freezing wind
stars
snow sparkling
breathing

full of gratitude
lonely and directionless
afraid to let go I hold on to pain like a diver clinging to an urchin for dear life
realizing what I am doing, again and again, I let go
and am shown life is infinitely kinder than my fearful imagination believes

like the ocean rounding the rocks, this gentle wave motion of forgetting and remembering
is wearing away at the most jagged rocks of my heart

for now, I still worry if I will ever be truly content

for now, I wonder how to honor life while still suffering and confused

by the time it's all good, it will be too late for heroics,
and too late to enjoy the beauty of my journey into light

and it seems that if I can't enjoy now, I will never get to later

so it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment